Skip to main content

Simple Remodel

About a month ago we decided to try to figure out if we would be able to move, mostly because we wanted to maybe downsize our payment to save for the future. We looked around for almost 3 weeks, and all we could find in our price range were pretty rundown 1500 or less square foot homes. We were pretty discouraged so we talked to an accountant to see what we could do or even if pursuing this would even be a good idea.  Come to find out that it is not in our cards right now so we decided to make some changes to our home instead to make it more like a NEW home for us, and relieve our stresses of our home.

So for the past couple weeks we (meaning me) have been working on fixing up the house. We have stained all of the cabinets in all of the bathrooms, and have made them all (except the basement one, that will be at another time) basically new.  New floors, new caulking in all the tubs/showers, new paint, and also we have been framing in all of the mirrors to make them look nicer. I have finally convinced Hubby to let me paint all of our browns in our home to light grays. It really has taken a long time, almost a year, to get him to agree to this. I'm just tired of looking at our brown walls that we've had for the past 13 years.

We also have replaced our broken Microwave, gotten a new dryer, and in turn got a washer for basically free. We got both the washer and dryer for the price of just 1 mediocre dryer. Clearance is the best. We also have worked on refurbishing our table to have it match and last longer. The next big project is getting a shed in the back yard. We just got cement poured about a week ago and now we need to get the shed ordered and up before the carpet comes. We plan on putting everything in the shed while the carpet gets put in and then slowly put everything back after we get new windows.

I know that some of this is really expensive stuff but I know that it will help our utility bills go down in the long run. e.g. Windows (power and gas bills), Washer and Dryer will help on my Power bills because the dryer was taking at least 2-3 cycles to dry anything.

Some of the other things are there for sanity, like the shed and then there is the art on the walls that is done by the kiddos and the carpet is because the old stuff is at least 18 years old, GROSS.




 Table ended up being all Black because it was looking weird.  Also the chairs need to be sandblasted and painted too.





New laminate wood flooring

The hubby is doing me a favor by cutting out the wall so that I can build in a shelf for books.

Popular posts from this blog

Labor Day

     So here is for another day watching the kids and taking care of everything all by my self. I actually was able to sleep in (7:00) but the kids still woke up at 6:00. We got everyone fed and then they all wanted to play so I went to the Gym to relieve stress. That is my only out so I don’t FREAK out on my kids.      We decided later in the day that we would head to Mama “T” and Papa Howie’s House to swim and have dinner. I have to say that I love being able to just watch my kids play while I watch. Don’t get me wrong... I love to swim but there are some days where I don’t feel like I have enough energy to do stuff like that.      Today Hubby was supposed to have it off, but when Overtime is offered and he is not exhausted then he takes it. Me trying to not work as much as possible so I can be home for the kids is our goal lately. I only work when Hubbs is off and only when work is available. It is surely not worth paying for a babysitte...

Complex

So Hubby has been helping out training the EMT’s and reminding the paramedics how to do medical treatments for patient care. Some times I like just hearing him talk about what he does during his down time. It was hilarious... he started talking about what happens when a patient goes into cardiac arrest and what you need to do and why. I was pretty interested for a while until he started throwing in all of the acronyms that they use. I couldn’t stop laughing while I was “trying” to pay attention to what he was trying to teach me. All I know is that he was talking about SA node and EKG complexes and QRS and some other letters. It was giving Me a Complex! Lol. I’m soo proud of all the hard work he does and all the studying that he does so that he can help others.

Spartan Family

“The family that Spartan’s together, stays together” The last 3 years we have enjoyed doing the Spartan Races together. For those of you who don’t know... they are obstacle races between 3 to 13+ Miles. Our first one was in Utah and we had no idea really what we were getting ourselves into. Even though for our first race we did the 7+ mile race we LOVED it!  It started out just me and the Hubby and now it has evolved into all 5 of our children. Hubbs and I have always both been quite active and with 3 rambunctious boys and 2 girls with a ton of energy we have found out a way to make memories in new places while being fit and having fun together. In the last 3 years we have been to the Utah Races 3 times, Las Vegas Races 2 times, Montana race 2 times and now Colorado once. Building bonds together as a family is super important to me. We have sooo many obstacles in our lives that prohibit most kids from spending real quality time with their families. Aka video games, social me...